Tofu With Wilted Spinach | Quick And Easy Vegan Recipe | Deliciousfooddude


Tofu With Wilted Spinach

I know it's just been the start that I have been writing these recipes and it's a big step for me as this is something that is way out of my comfort zone and I have been challenging myself to do more and better for sure. Till now, I have posted some 10 recipes and I am very surprised that I have gotten so much love so let me begin this recipe post with a heartful thank you to everyone who reads my recipes, thank you for the support it means a lot. For the people who are new to my blog, I post recipes here that are very simple and easy to cook and if this is something you like then, please share it with everyone.

Now by the title of the post, you already know that I would try to find some connection with my childhood and to be honest there is one instance that I would share. So, you all know that I grew up in India and here the king of cheese is Cottage Cheese or as we Indians call it, Paneer. Growing up, Paneer was one thing I just gobbled up without any fuss. I would eat it raw with a sprinkling of salt & black pepper or just cooked in any style that's how much I loved it but I always loved Palak Paneer, which is basically pureed spinach with paneer cooked with spices. 

Coming to tofu, growing up I had never heard about it and its thanks to all the various cooking shows that I saw as a kid which introduced me to tofu, and me being a curious kid I had literally forced my mom to buy it for me because I wanted to try it and back in the day getting Tofu, in Mumbai was very rare and expensive back in the day but still, I got it and trust me the experience was totally awful but now look how times have changed ever since I turned vegan, tofu is something I eat at least twice a month. The bright side to this was I could eat my vegan version of  Palak Paneer again. So here is my version of it. 

List Of Ingredients

Firm Tofu 

Spinach Leaves

Olive Oil

Garlic

Turmeric Powder

Salt & Black Pepper

The Cooking Process

In a pan, add your spinach leaves, garlic, salt, cover the pan and let the spinach wilt. I had marinated the tofu with black pepper & turmeric powder, now cook the tofu in a seprate pan with just a dash of olive oil and cook it till you see crispy edges. By now your spinach is wilted and all you have to do now is add the tofu to spinach and cook it on low for another 5 mins. Voila, you're done. 

                                       

Tofu With Wilted Spinach

This is will be ready in like 20 minx max.

I will be posting more recipes here soon. Also, did you check out my Purple Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot & Corn Coleslaw recipe? If not here is the link. 

https://deliciousfooddude.blogspot.com/2021/07/purple-cabbage-capsicum-carrot-corn.html

Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is @deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 

Comments