Aloo Palak Recipe - Potatoes Cooked With Spinach

Aloo Palak
Aloo Palak


Hey, 
I want to start by thanking everyone who has been visiting my blog and showing all the love, this was a step I took to challenge myself, to get out of my comfort zone and do something that I've always loved and there is nothing better than writing about memories which involve a lot of food.

Today's recipe of Aloo Palak is given below but I want to share another story with you guys about this dish. The term aloo in Hindi is Potato and Palak in English is called Spinach. 

As a kid, I hated and I mean hated anything that was cooked in a spinach gravy like I would make the grumpiest of faces which you guys haven't seen also. For me when it came to potatoes I would eat without any hesitation but whenever Aloo Palak was made it was just a NO NO but then as a kid growing up your mother wanted to feed you all the good food and trust me that hasn't changed one bit till now. Look at the irony, from once hating the dish to writing about it now, times have changed and this is the sort of food I cannot live without now. I promise you there are many many more stories I want to tell you all which involve my childhood and food. 

Coming to Recipe:

Ingredients:
Bunch of spinach leaves
Potatoes 3-4 medium-sized
Tomatoes 1-2
Jeera 1 teaspoon
Bay leaf 1
Ginger 
Garlic
Salt
Turmeric
Curry leaf 2-3 

Process
Aloo Palak
Heat some oil in a pressure cooker, then add jeera, bay leaf, garlic- ginger paste and the curry leaves. Then add the finely chopped spinach, one Tomato chopped. Pressure cook this for 2-3 whistles, then open the pressure cooker and add the peeled and cubed potatoes. To this add the dry masala's (salt, turmeric and coriander powder) a pinch of garam masala is optional. Cook this on high flame so that everything blends properly. Then pressure cook for 2 whistles and then switch off the gas and let it cool. It will have some moisture once you open the cooker, it's up to you if you like it like that, or you cook it more for the consistency you like. This can be served with roti, paratha or rice.






I hope you like this simple recipe and would try it out sometime soon. If you have any questions feel free to add me on my Instagram or just comment here I will surely help you out. My Instagram is @deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be updating this blog soon with more yummy recipes.

#vegan, #indianfood, #recipe, #homecooking, #vegancooking, #veganisim, #veganliving.



Comments