Macaroni Aglio Olio | The Easiest Pasta Recipe Ever | Deliciousfooddude

Macaroni Aglio Olio 
                                         
Hello,

Hope everyone across the globe is doing well, I have been fantastic and today I am ultra happy because I'm writing about my favourite pasta recipe.

Growing up, the only form of pasta I knew was, Macaroni and as a kid growing up in India, I didn't have any clue about mac-n-cheese, then red sauce, bechamel sauce or even the different types of pasta, as for me Macaroni was the king. At my place, we ate in a very Indian way and that was cooked with masala's, with peas, potatoes and we would eat it with either rice or roti. 

As you know by now that I loved watching cookery shows on the telly when I was a kid and one day I saw this chef whose name I cannot remember now making Mac and cheese and I was like lovestruck and remember forcing my mom to cook it and she eventually did make it but then I hated the tasted, the palette wasn't used to eating bland food you see but then as you grow up, your palette also develops more. 

For me, pasta now is something which I love to experiment with and when I say experiment I really do mean it. I've done weird sauces, like a Manchurian sauce, macaroni cooked in saag just to name a few but the one I really love is Aglio olio. It's just such a delicious way to eat pasta. It actually comes from Naples, which is also the birthplace of Margherita Pizza.

When I say it's easy, I mean it so let's take a look at the ingredients and the process

List Of Ingredients

Macaroni Or Pasta of your choice
Olive Oil
Garlic
Mushrooms (Optional)
Red Chilli Flakes
Salt
Black Pepper
Vegan Parmesan Cheese or Normal will do also

The Process
First up get water to boil, add the pasta in this case macaroni, add salt to it. Next up, in a pan add olive oil roughly a small cup, next add the garlic and it's all on a low flame, the key is to get that garlic toast to a golden colour. Once you see that colour, add the red chilli flakes, macaroni and mix it up together well. Next up, I added the mushrooms to it and with that, I added black pepper and salt according to taste. Gave that a good mix and let it cook for another 5 mins. The final step was switching off the gas and adding the parseman cheese and giving it one final mix. This entire process took 20 mins. It's that simple.

If you liked this recipe, then you should try another recipe called Banana Kofta Curry. Here is the link. 


Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 




Comments

Popular Posts