Purple Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot & Corn Coleslaw | Easy Vegan Salad | Deliciousfooddude


Purple Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot & Corn Coleslaw


Hey,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am back today with yet another recipe but this is something that is very close to my heart. 

Now, as you all know by now after reading my previous recipes, that I love stories that have a connection with the food I ate growing up and trust me when I say Salad we were never ever good friends, just like Lex Luthor used Kryptonite to defeat superman if you really wanted me ultra grumpy the easiest would be just put a plate of salad in front of me. Then as you grow up, things change and now salads are my BFF.

What brought this change? I made a decision to go vegan for health reasons in 2019 and that has been the best decision that I have ever made. So, salads are something I was fond of when I turned 20, subway was my go-to place, and would add all the dressings, vegetables and meat too. Yes, I was a meat-eater back in the day. 

Now enough of the background story coming to the recipe.

List Of Ingredients

Purple Cabbage

Carrots

Capsicum

Corn

Peanut Butter

Low Sodium Soya Sauce

Garlic

Olive Oil

Lime

Salt & Black Pepper

The Process

In a bowl add the purple cabbage, carrots, capsicum, corn. Ideally, boil the corn and cut the vegetables into strips. In a separate bowl, add one spoon of the Peanut Butter, followed by a teaspoon of the low sodium soy sauce, garlic finely grated, a dash of olive oil, squeeze one full lime, salt & black pepper, and mix all these well and that's your dressing done. Now add the dressing to the vegetables and make sure you mix them well and let it chill for like 30 minutes.

This salad has been my go-to and I will be posting more salad recipes here soon. Also, did you check out my Black Eyed Peas Burger Patty recipe? If not here is the link. 

https://deliciousfooddude.blogspot.com/2021/07/black-eyed-peas-burger-patty-simple.html

Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is @deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 

Comments