Potato Crusted Vegan Pizza Recipe

                                                         
Potato Crusted Pizza


Hey, hope everyone is doing well across the globe. Firstly I want to start by thanking everyone who showed love to my Soya Chunks Manchurian recipe blog post and now I am back with yet another recipe of everyone's favorite but with a twist.
Growing up in India, I remember the form of pizza I was introduced to and that was the restaurant one which would be like a vegetarian restaurant that served everything thing under the roof right from idli-dosa, pizza-burgers and the usual Indian food. Then came in the big players, Pizza Hut and Domino's. Initially, with great marketing and publicity Pizza Hut was the king but Domino's had a separate fan base as it wasn't that popular and their pizza menu did differ a lot from the one at Pizza Hut. 

Then with time and after finally studying the Indian market well, Domino's emerged as the new king of Pizza and now you can find them everywhere. Pizza has always been that one food that is universally accepted, loved and adored and because of that, every country has a different recipe. There is thin crust, deep dish, squares and everything you can possibly think of. 

For me personally, Pizza is something I can eat any time but now with me being vegan, I don't eat a lot of pizza from outside I prefer to make them at home. The other thing which I can eat anytime is potatoes and that too in form, just love them and that's how this idea popped up in my mind. 

So here is the recipe of my Potato Crust Vegan Pizza

List of Ingredients
Potatoes 4
Vegan Cheese
Cornflour
Onions
Capsicum
Tomatoes
Chilli sauce

The Process
First, up the potatoes, remove the skin and grate them. After grating, put them in water for like an hour so that starch is removed. Next up remove the potatoes and squeeze them hard to remove all the excess liquid and put them in a different utensil. To the dried potatoes add two Spoons of cornflour, this acts as a binder

Here is the video of the whole process. Click Here

Next, make a ball out of the potato and with your hands form a base. On a stick pan, add a little oil and on a low flame cook, the base tills brown. Once one side of the base is cook flip it and add your chili sauce, then the onions, capsicum, tomatoes and finally the cheese. This will cook the toppings and the other side of the base. Once the base is cooked cut it just like a pizza or serve it whole. 

Like always if you have any questions regarding the process you can ask me in the comments section or you could DM me on Instagram deliciousfooddude.

Till then stay safe, stay positive everyone and I will be posting more recipes soon.

Comments