How To Make Jackfruit Chilli | Vegan Recipe | Deliciousfooddude

Jackfruit Chilli

Hey,

How is everyone doing across the globe? I have been kinda bored of looking at the grey skies and the rains in Mumbai. The only thing which has really kept me all happy is food. Speaking of food I have been loving the response which I have been getting on my previous recipes, so, thank you very much for that.

Coming to today's recipe this was one of those cooking experiments that were successful and hence wanted to share with everyone. Now when you hear the name jackfruit the first thing which comes to your mind is ehh, that exotic fruit which has that musky smell and you go not for me. That's exactly how I was, growing up never did I taste the fruit because of the smell. Since I turned to a vegan diet jackfruit is something that I really wanted to try because it just fascinated me. Then I ordered it from a brand here where they sell packaged jackfruit and they also have their own spices mixes to go with it. They also sell without their own spice mix and I was like let's experiment and that's how I came up with this recipe. Let's take a look at how to make Jackfruit Chilli.

List Of Ingredients

Jackfruit Dried
Onions
Capsicum
Garlic
Peanut Butter
Soya Sauce
Chilli Sauce
Lime Juice
Olive oil

Cooking Process
In a pan, add some olive oil, garlic, the jackfruit and let it cook for 20 mins till the jackfruit softens. After that add onions, capsicum, black pepper, salt and mix them well. Keep in mind all of this is a on low flame. For the sauce in a separate bowl add peanut butter, soya sauce, chilli sauce, olive oil and mix them well till you get like paste. Finally to the sauce squeeze dash of lime juice and if you want to add more black pepper and garlic you could also do that. Add the sauce to the jackfruit, with a splash of water, cover it and let it cook for another 20 mins. That's it you are done. Serve it with rice or use it in tacos or a burrito. 

If you have liked this recipe, then you should try another recipe called Meatless Meatballs. Here is the link. 


Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is @deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 






Comments