Stuffed Capsicum Recipe | Deliciousfooddude

Stuffed Capsicum

Hey,
Hope all of you across the globe are doing well, I have been well taken a break from social media as I have been busy with family. Over the weekend I took my first road trip after 7 years and it was such a surreal experience. Now I am back all refreshed and with a new recipe.

This recipe is today is something again i saw when I was a kid and I have been obsessed ever since with it. My food stories have a lot of connections with my childhood, I simply loved eating and watching cooking shows and this particular recipe I first saw on tv being cooked by none another than Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. He used to have a show called Khaana Khazana, which not only showcased Indian recipes but something like this too. It was just like a wow moment when I first saw it but then I didn't like the taste after my mom cooked it for me. Just like I mentioned before, as you grow up, your palette also upgrades. Without wasting any more time let's get to the recipe

List Of Ingredients

Capsicums ( Green, Red, Yellow)
Tomatoes
Onions
Rice
Garlic
Vegan Cheese 
Vegan Butter
Corn
Red Chili Powder
Salt
Black Pepper

The Process

First up, the capsicum, remove the seeds and wash them properly, next up is the stuffing. For the stuffing, I sauteed corn, tomatoes and onions together with some red chilli powder, garlic. I also made a simple tomato and onion gravy using the same spices and also butter garlic rice. For the gravy, add some oil in a pan add tomatoes, onions garlic and after a few mins whiz them together in a mixer and back in the pan add water, black pepper and salt according to your taste. For the rice, I added heaps of garlic to my vegan Butter and mixed that with the rice. Coming to the main hero. Add the stuffing to the capsicum and in a pan, add some olive oil and place the Capsicum and let it cook on a low flame, cover and cook for 15 mins. After 15 mins you will see slight blistering of the skin and that's when you add the cheese on top. You could also add a splash of water to the pan, cover it up and let it steam. Stop the cooking once you see that cheese has melted. For the plating, I first put the gravy, then rice and then the capsicum. 

If you liked this recipe, then you should try another recipe called Banana Kofta Curry. Here is the link. 


Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 


Comments