Banana Kofta Curry | Vegan Recipe | Deliciousfooddude



Hey,

I am back today with yet another recipe but firstly like always I hope everyone is doing well across the globe. I have been super well and pumped up and I cannot wait to share this recipe with you.

Now you all know about my love for food has been there ever since I was a kid and I have so many stories that involve my childhood and food. Here is another one, growing up, the one fruit which I loved eating was apple and occasionally I would eat a banana but then I just stopped eating them like totally out of my system, there was zero room for fruits in my stomach. Recently, in 2019 I switched to a vegan diet and fruits play a major role in them. No points for guessing which fruit I love eating nowadays.

Now when it comes to Indian cuisine, if you go to see it ain't rocket science, it's just recipes that have been passed on from one generation to another and everyone has their own twist on a recipe. For instance, the recipe which I am writing about traditionally never uses raw Banana or plantains but I tried it out and here is the result. 

List Of The Ingredients
4 Raw Bananas
Onions
Tomatoes
Gram flour
Tumeric powder
Dhanya Powder
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Ajwain
Red Chilli powder
Garlic
Ginger
Kasuri Methi

Cooking Process

First up I took 4 raw Bananas and boiled them in a pressure cooker and gave 4 whistles. Next, I cooled, peeled and mashed them and to this, I added one finely chopped onion, salt, pepper, red chili powder, a pinch of ajwain, fresh coriander, half teaspoon of gram flour (besan) and a half teaspoon of oil of your choice I used extra virgin olive oil. Mix them well and then make small kofta's (ball-shaped). The next step is to fry the kofta's and fry them on medium heat so that they cook through and once done keep them on the side. For the gravy, it was a tomato, onion, garlic ginger and Kasuri methi mixture. Bring this mixture to a boil and then add salt, Tumeric, dhanya powder and cook it on a medium flame for the consistency of the gravy. The last step, once the gravy is done add your kofta to the mixture and mix them well and serve.





If you have liked this recipe, then you should try another recipe called Meatless Meatballs. Here is the link. 


Like always if you have any questions regarding the recipe you can ask them in the comments or reach me on Instagram, my handle is @deliciousfooddude

Till then stay safe, stay positive and I'll be back with more simple homemade recipes. 

Comments